Written By E.M. Tippetts Image from Goodreads.com Description from Goodreads.com Source Author Description Chloe has finished her masters degree and taken a job as a forensic scientist back in her home town of Albuquerque, New Mexico, only the … Continue reading
Written By E.M. Tippetts Image from Goodreads.com Description from Goodreads.com Source Author Description Jason Vanderholt, Hollywood’s hottest actor, falls head over heels for everygirl, Chloe Winters, who hasn’t gotten around to watching most of his movies. She becomes … Continue reading
Written By Emma Silver Image from Goodreads.com Description from Goodreads.com Published October 2012 Source Review Copy from Publisher Description I live in Blackbrooke and you would have had to be living under a rock to never have heard of … Continue reading
Oh Harry Potter, how I adore thee……..
In case you didn’t know it, Harry Potter is freaking awesome. And by awesome, I mean magical, fantastical, spectacular, and every other word you can think of that describes awesome.
Let me paint you a picture. As a child and a teenager, I loathed reading. I know it’s hard to imagine, but it’s true. The only books I looked at were in my hands because a teacher insisted I had to do one of those pesky book reports. Then one day in my early twenties, something amazingly wonderful happened. My husband (then boyfriend) and I were going to take a trip to the mountains and I decided I’d bring along a book so I could appear to be one of “those women” who read her book in front of the fireplace. The book I randomly chose was a hardcover copy of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone. What happened next shocked even me. I LOVED it! A book. A real life, actual book. I loved it so much that I hurried out for the next two books in the series and low and behold, I loved them too!
I had officially become one of those people. You know, the ones who stand in line at the bookstore until midnight in order to get her copy of the next book, and the next, and the next, and so on and so forth and what not….I’m rambling, I know….. it happens when I get excited about something. My point is Harry Potter opened me up to the possibility that maybe I didn’t hate reading, maybe I just hated the book selection I was forced to choose from. Maybe, just maybe, if I explored more options, I could find books that I loved as much as Harry Potter.
I’m sure the vast majority of you have already read and reread all the Harry Potter books. I also realize there are some whack-a-doodles who don’t like it. My mother in law swears she just can’t get into it, a fact I’ll never understand. But for those of you who haven’t opened yourself up to anything Potter or for those of you who have seen the movies, do yourself a favor and give it a go. By awesome, I mean totally, wonderfully, amazingly, FAN-flipping-TASTICLY AWESOME!!!
Here is the link to it on Amazon, get it today, get yesterday, tomorrow is too far way.
Written By C.L. Davies Image from Goodreads.com Description from Goodreads.com Source Author Description In the not too distant future, after the huge successes of role playing games and virtual worlds such as The Sims, Second Life, and reality shows … Continue reading
Gracie has just finished her freshman year of college in Memphis when she takes a job at a local pizza joint in her home town of McKenzie, Tennessee. She is the epitome of innocence when she meets Noah. Noah is unabashedly handsome, intriguingly reckless and just cocky enough to be sexy. Gracie’s instincts tell her to stay far away from him and based on the stories she hears from her co-workers he leaves broken hearts in his wake. But still, she can’t explain her fascination with him.
Noah puts aside his bad boy ways when what he thought was a summer crush has him unexpectedly falling in love. But soon after Gracie transfers to UT Knoxville to be with Noah, their unexpected love becomes riddled with anger, deceit and humiliation.
Jake, Noah’s former roommate and Gracie’s best friend, can no longer be a bystander. Gracie’s world falls out from beneath her and when she breaks she turns to Jake for strength. As Jake talks her through a decision she’s not yet strong enough to make, together they uncover a truth so ugly neither of them is prepared for its fallout. Will Jake pull her to the surface or is Gracie Jordan finally In Too Deep?
Ten Questions with Michelle Kemper Brownlow
1. First I want to talk music. I know music is a big deal for you. Tell me, other than Pearl Jam, what music really gets you going?I love most alternative rock…Eve 6, Jane’s Addiction, Violent Femmes, The Cure. But, truly, Pearl Jam is IT for me.
2.. I noticed that Gracie’s playlist doesn’t have Adele on it. Which makes me curious, does the book take place now or back in the day when music was awesome? How do you feel about today’s “music”?Well, my own story (which In Too Deep is loosely based on) dates back to the early 90’s when MTV actually played videos and, in my opinion, music was REAL. I do enjoy Adele’s depth in her lyrics and her voice is incredible. I have some of her songs on my iPod but I don’t think she is Gracie’s style. I have teenagers so I am forced to listen to a lot of today’s “music” and I have to say it disappoints me. Music entertainment seems to be more about who can outdo the rest with ridiculous costuming, bizarre stage performances or most “bleeps” when played on the radio. Let’s face it, many of today’s artists couldn’t participate in MTV Unplugged because if you unplug their “autotune” there’s not a whole lot left. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t doubt their talent for writing lyrics and performing. I just feel the music from “my day” is genuinely art.
3. What made you decide you wanted to write the book?I have done freelance writing for parenting publications and websites for many years. I was also a popular Mommy blogger for some time. Writing a book has always been a dream of mine but because I am also an artist, I always assumed I would write and illustrate a children’s book so that was my focus for a long time. A couple years ago I started a YA novel just for kicks and when some of my son’s friends read a couple chapters and begged for more, I thought maybe I had been barking up the wrong tree. I started In Too Deep almost as a therapeutic project to work out some issues I was dealing with as residual effects of my experience with emotional abuse. It started as something only I would see.
4. In Too Deep is based on your real life experiences. Would you say it’s hard to write about something so close to your heart or do the words just flow?Honestly, a little bit of both. There were scenes that I struggled through because they dredged up emotions I hadn’t touched on in years. But, at the same time, the emotions Gracie was experiencing literally poured out of my heart and onto the page. Somedays I could barely keep up with what my heart was saying…my fingers weren’t always fast enough.
5. Noah is the emotionally abusive bad boy. We ALL love a bad boy. How do you feel about today’s obsession with the controlling, possessive bad boys we read about , like Christian Grey, Gideon Cross, and Travis Maddox? Do you think these types of books are sensationalizing emotional abuse or just harmless fantasies? I’ll admit it, I love them.I love them, too. And, honestly, I hadn’t even categorized Christian, Gideon and Travis with In Too Deep’s Noah until you asked this question…which is interesting to me because, you are right, they are all emotionally abusive on some level. I think, it’s a harmless fantasy because when we get down to it…don’t we all want to know what it would be like to be with a bad boy? And lying in bed with a hot cup of tea and watching the scenes play out on your Kindle is WAY easier on your heart than living those scenes in your real life. Just stick to the book boyfriends, ladies, don’t fall for a bad boy in real life. They’ll never measure up to what you’ve read! 🙂
6. I like a redeemable bad boy. Bad on the outside, but good deep down. Would you say Noah is redeemable?Good question. Guess you will have to see…
7. If you could describe Gracie, Noah, and Jake each in one word, what would you choose?Gracie – Beautiful
Noah – Tumultuous
Jake – Genuine
8. Will we get a happy ending?Absolutely!
9. For those who don’t already know, when will the book be released and where will it be available?In Too Deep will be released June 6th of this year!! It will be available on both Amazon and Barnes & Noble. You can also order it in-store from a Barnes & Noble near you.
10. If In Too Deep is a success, will you be writing more books?Yes! Yes! Yes!
You can find out all about Michelle Kemper Brownlow and In Too Deep by following her on Twitter, Facebook, Goodreads, and her blog. Here’s all the info.
Blog – http://michellekemperbrownlow.blogspot.com/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/MK_Brownlow
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/MichelleKemperBrownlowAuthor?ref=hl
GoodReads – http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/16008946-michelle-kemper-brownlow
I think the bigger question is how on earth there are SO many people who don’t even know it’s an actual book and not just a fantastic movie??!!??
I love the book because it’s brilliant. I love the book because it has true love, humor, action, and rodents of an unusual size. I love Westley, I really, really do. He’s the perfect fairytale man. I love Fezzik. I love, love, love the writing. But more than anything else, I get goose bumps every single time, I love Inigo and these words:
“Hello! My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father, prepare to die.”
“Offer me money-”
“Everything,” the Count said.
“Power too. Promise me that.”
“All I have and more. Please.”
“Offer me anything I ask for.”
“Yes. Yes. Say it.”
“I WANT DOMINGO MONTOYA , YOU SON OF A BITCH!”
And that folks, is why you absolutely must, for the love of all things, read the book. It’s fan-flipping-tastic. It’ll make you smile. I promise. Here’s the link to it on Amazon, get it today. You won’t be sorry.
Written by Juliet Dark Image from Goodreads.com Description from Goodreads.com Source Netgalley Description I gasped, or tried to. My mouth opened, but I couldn’t draw breath. His lips, pearly wet, parted and he blew into my mouth. My lungs … Continue reading
Written By Thomas Amo Image from Gooreads.com Description from Goodreads.com Source-Review Copy from Author Description Forever Me is considered YA and NA. Suggested reading age is 14+ Hannah Richards isn’t your typical 16 year-old at Wichita Falls High. Fashions, trends, … Continue reading
Written By Colleen Coble, Kristin Billerbeck, Diann Hunt, and Denise Hunter Image from Gooreads.com Description from Goodreads.com Source Booksneeze Description Summer, fall, winter, spring–Smitten, Vermont, is the place for love . . . and mystery!There’s a secret in … Continue reading